This is something I am learning lately. It may seem a little basic, but sometimes we have to be reminded of the foundational things to overcome the things that come up during our maturing. I have been in a trial of sorts lately and this morning saw the whole situation as how people deal with quicksand. The trial is like quicksand and the way out of quicksand is not how I usually handle trials. So I thought I’d share what was shown to me.
When you come across trials/troubles:
1. Slow down and be grateful
(Consider it joy when you face trials of many kinds…James 1:2).
2. Take careful stock of the situation and remind yourself of God’s past faithfulness
(Because of the Lord’s great love, we are not consumed for His compassions never fail…Lamentations 3:22).
3. Prayerfully consider what got you here and thank God for His grace to show you through
(My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness…2 Corinthians 12:9).
4. Obtain wise counsel to help you make the right decision and pray for confirmation of their advice
(Listen to advice and accept discipline…Proverbs 19:20a).
5. Ask God to calm the storm, clear the fog, present the answer and move you when it is right
(I waited patiently for the Lord. He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand…Psalm 40:1).
6. Ask God to deal with any part of you that needs to go so you don’t end up in this situation again or handle it incorrectly/ in an immature manner
(If any of you lacks wisdom let him ask it of the Lord who gives generously and without prejudice…James 1:5).
7. Praise the Lord for again seeing you through (Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice…Philippians 4:4).
So there you have it. I’m learning this steadily, and thought I’d share so we can all learn together.
(Taken from my Facebook page, Posted November, 2018)