Watching the updates given by the Governor of California is frustrating to say the least. The man is corrupt, two-faced, a liar, and a manipulative and abusive personality. He says one thing and does another – a true hypocrite. He has double-standards, is loyal to who’s in the room, and like his aunt Nancy Pelosi, believes the rules don’t apply to him.
See my facebook live about his recent naughtiness:
He’s broken the law by changing statutes to fit his agenda (see N-67-20 and it’s subsequent trial and ruling of unconstitutionality – snippets pictured below).
Short List of CA Politicians Breaking the Rules:
The corruption and deceit and double-standard is evident, and it isn’t just Newsom. Here are a few politicians guilty of violating their own rules:
- Right now, there are some 20 California politicians in Hawaii for 5 days (mixing with about 120 people in attendance), even amid the restrictions and Governor’s please for no mixing. https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-11-16/california-lawmakers-hawaii-conference-covid-19
- Pelosi went and got her hair done a couple months ago at a salon in a county that had strict lockdown restrictions and caught fire for it, then blamed the salon (which I believe has now moved states?). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndafeJrHYGA // She also was ready to have several newbies to the House/Senate at a special indoor dinner, but got flak for it, so we don’t know whether it will still happen: https://newspunch.com/nancy-pelosi-is-hosting-a-dinner-party-for-dems-while-we-are-told-to-cancel-thanksgiving/
- One of our District Attorneys in a certain county was out screaming with BLM protestors – the same DA who’s office would prosecute the same protestors if arrested for foul play or destruction of property. https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/stockton/san-joaquin-prosecutor-criticized-police-union-stockton/103-f8715ce6-71d6-48db-8431-6dc0fd8c0adb
- In May, Governor Newsom had women and elderly arrested (as well as some slightly high profile people including a Pastor) at a protest to open California, but told BLM protestors their rage is real and should be heard. https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article242491721.html // https://www.newsbreak.com/california/san-jose/news/1612940606016/on-fourth-day-of-protests-newsom-tells-demonstrators-your-rage-is-real-express-it
- City councils, county Board of Supervisors, and Public Health Officers also have double-standards, allowing strip clubs, casinos, malls, big-box stores, and abortion clinics to remain open and operational while slapping closures on small businesses, churches, and even going so far as to sue churches and pastors for remaining open. Businesses have been closed as well or threatened with closures and licenses being revoked. All while politicians go about their mostly normal lives, laughing at our plight and giving false apologies: https://kmph.com/news/local/gov-newsom-apologizes-for-attending-party // https://apnews.com/article/7267ac329aa6b42a59c1e68540f7117e
- Politicians going to big funerals while telling us we can’t go to our small family funeral with more than 3 households. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aCoH-Rn9Cc // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEogrgDixAU // https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pages/mandatory-directives-gatherings.aspx
Your State, Too?
Look at your own state. Do you have the same double-standard? Are your malls, like mine, able to have upwards of 3k in-house (even under high restriction) while the church is only allowed to have 100 or 25% capacity? Are your schools closed, but daycares open for essential workers? Do you have some “essential” workers, but others are deemed “non-essential”? Who makes these rules? It is partiality, respect of persons, and double-mindedness at it’s best.
This points me to my reason for this blog post today. These politicians and so-called leaders are showing me not only who they are, but are making me realize how awesome our God is:
How God is Different:
- No respecter of persons – Acts 10:34
- Shows no partiality and doesn’t take bribes – Deuteronomy 10:17
- No shadow of turning – James 1:17
- Same yesterday, today, and forever – Hebrews 13:8
- Doesn’t lie, doesn’t change his mind on a whim – Numbers 23:19
- His thoughts aren’t ours, ways aren’t ours – Isaiah 55:8-9
- He protects and provides and doesn’t hold back good from his people – Psalm 84:11
- His love endures forever – Psalm 106:1
- He doesn’t forsake his people – Deuteronomy 31:6
- God is always straight-up (like my blog!) – Psalm 25:8-10
- His Word is true and steadfast; He doesn’t break His promises – Isaiah 55:11
- He’s a servant – Matthew 20:28
- He gave up His life, sacrificed all, for the good of the world – John 3:16
- His plans are always good, for a future and a hope, not to harm us – Jeremiah 29:11
You see? The difference is obvious. Let God be true and every man a liar. God is 100% good. We can take Him at His Word. He never fails, never lies, is never unjust, never partial, never favoring one over another. He is always faithful, always with us, never leaves, never hurts. He is always loving, always kind, always patient, always JUST. He doesn’t take bribes, isn’t swayed by special interest groups. He isn’t intimidated. He doesn’t stop; all day every day He is at work. He never sleeps. He is for us, with us, surrounding us, covering us, leading us, directing our steps always in a good direction. His plans for us are good and He takes care of those who follow Him. He forgives, is merciful, and His lovingkindness leads us to repentance. But He also loves with a firm hand. He knows what we need and is always for our good. He IS Good. Period.
Even So, Lord Come: The Hope We Cling To
While I’m upset about the double-standard I see here, I also am reminded that this is not our home. We are citizens of heaven and the time we have here on earth is not our own and will not last. There is a better place, a better way, a greater hope than what we have here. A place where there is no poverty, no sickness, no fear or pain or abuse, no calamity, no chaos, no pandemic, no lockdown, no corruption, no double-standard.
There is a place of light and love and perfection. A place of rest and peace, where faith and hope are fulfilled in perfect love. When you think about the corruption we have here, be grateful for Jesus going to prepare a place. And remind people that there is that place that if they can endure this and invite the Lord into their heart and make Him their King, they will never be disappointed and will have a hope they can cling to. No matter what the politicians do (and we the people should hold them accountable), just think, even so, Lord, come. Be ready for His appearing. Put your hope in Him, and be encouraged that we serve a risen Savior and High Priest who really CAN empathize with us (unlike Newsom who claims to empathize with “COVID fatigue” – cabin fever – and bending the rules for it’s sake). God is always good and we can and should focus on THAT.
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.”Philippians 4:8